s

Reliable hand tailored clothes individually made.

WHY MEND?

In the US, the average person wears only 20% of what is in their closet. What about that remaining 80%? In discussing with our close friends and clients, we found these pieces mostly wound up hidden away in the back of closets or were donated. Our hand-tailored, custom-made clothes already promote an alternative to overconsumption, since they are made to fit and last and are locally produced using biodegradable materials. But what could be done about the clothes that people already own?

MENDING

A number of our clients expressed they ended up not wearing clothes that had something slightly off to them, such as a cherished sweater with moth holes, a good coat with stubborn food stain, a worn out sock. We invited them to bring in these items. Working with our design team, and heeding to the clients’ preferences, we discussed the best solutions to reinvigorate these pieces with life and freshness. Techniques include Japanese Sashiko and Boro stitches, fun hand embroideries, patchworks, dyeing, hand embellishment, applique, and more.

Quality
SERVICES OFFERED

Mending services offered include:

Repairing holes
Patchwork
Hand Embroidery
Beading and Embellishing
Lace Applique and Overlay
Trim Add-Ons

Quality
PRICING

We know that pricing is important when deciding to invest in prolonging the life of a garment. We take a variety of factors into determining the price of a mending service. General price guidelines for mending are as follows:

Holes: $20 - $120 per hole depending on size
Patchwork: $80 - $150
Hand Embroidery: $105 - $250
Embroidery and Beading $150 - $250
Lace Applique and Overlay: $150- $250

*The base prices vary according to the extent of damage, services requested, and material selection by client.

Quality
WE CARE

We care about the environment and use our creativity and imagination to preserve and conserve.

Quality

FAQ

WHAT IS THE FEE FOR GETTING AN ALTERATION?

Shoulders on tailored jackets and coats: $175

Lining replacement: $200 - $275

Side seams: $80

Hem pants/sleeves: $35 - $55

Waistband taking in or letting out: $60 - $75s

WHAT IS THE TURNAROUND TIME?

Average turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks, but can vary based on the extent of damage and the services requested by the client.

Do I need to make an appointment?

No appointment is required, feel free to bring in items you would like a mending consultation on the next time you visit the store.

Set Up An Appointment / Contact Us